Long ago, when dragons that spit lasers roamed the lands, Steve Perry rode pterodactyls made of knives through righteous lightning storms, and Nebraska wasn’t a laughable football program, two brothers were immaculately conceived in an 81 Datsun in the shadow of Sanford Stadium with one destiny: to return football commentary to its old form; obsessive, cruel, full of errors, and substance abuse and dick jokes. And there's John who's a Miami fan, so we were surprised he could even spell.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Howdy do Ladies. Since the time is steadily approaching for what will most likely be the most laughable offensive game of football in recent history, I figure I might as well make my picks. First off, both of these teams are TERRIBLE and everyone including their own fans has had no qualms pointing it out to them at ever possible moment. Neither of these teams could find the endzone if it were made completely of Adidas and Nike endorsement contracts. If I were Weatherford right now, I'd just bench it for a couple snaps and let one of the cheerleaders take a whack at it. She probably has a better arm. With that being said, both of these teams come in with what looks to be pretty dominant defenses. Besides a sale on silk shirts and cruicifix air-fresheners, the Seminole defense has been about the only thing bringing any sort of joy to the Bowden faithful this season. But UCLA is no pushover either, they might have started off sloppy but in the end the D shaped up and managed to hold the offenses of Arizona St., Oregon St., and USC to 28 points...COMBINED. Not too shabby. In the end though, Daddy Bowden is master when it comes to the bowl games, and now that he doesn't have his glue-sniffin' son calling plays, I think they pull out all the stops and get off to an early lead in this one forcing the Bruins to attempt and ultimately fail at an offense. So like the Virus, I'm throwin' my pick to the Seminoles in this match-up.

60 on the Seminoles to cover

And since both of these teams are defense heavy and couldn't cover the spread if you combined their scores on their best day, I'm going to go on the under here.

40 on the Under



Keep your head up slugger. The games only get better from here. Shit...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Blogger is being sucky again, so I'll leave this here. FJ was WAY off with the under here, though who can blame him. I don't think anybody pegged this game to score more than the Hawaii Bowl, and NOBODY had FSU covering this spread all by themselves. Bowden's boys woke up in the 3rd quarter sometime and starting playing like the Seminoles of old, though I didn't know Jeff Bowden was going to be calling the plays, or I would have been more hesitant to throw my support to the boys from Tallahassee, but I'm like some damn idiot savant right now. I can't fucking miss, no matter what. Here are the up-to-date "winnings."

FJ
60 on FSU to cover - WIN (+60)
40 on the UNDER - LOSE (-40)
+20 on the game
New total of 1,309

RV
60 on FSU to cover - WIN (+60)
+60 on the game
New total of 1,572

Any other time, FJ's totals would be pretty admirable, but I just can't explain what I'm doing right now. These boys should have spent Decembruary in Vegas...we'd be up almost 1,000 dollars between us through the first ten games or so. If GW Bush hadn't illegalised offshore gamlbling, I might resurrect my Curacao account, but I think I'll leave these as theoretical winnings. Real money seems to make me stupid.

9:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home