Long ago, when dragons that spit lasers roamed the lands, Steve Perry rode pterodactyls made of knives through righteous lightning storms, and Nebraska wasn’t a laughable football program, two brothers were immaculately conceived in an 81 Datsun in the shadow of Sanford Stadium with one destiny: to return football commentary to its old form; obsessive, cruel, full of errors, and substance abuse and dick jokes. And there's John who's a Miami fan, so we were surprised he could even spell.

Friday, December 22, 2006

LAS VEGAS BOWL WRAP UP

The Jeezy gets himself onto the positive side of the ledger with his 2-2 performance last night and the Virus just keeps on winning. Why couldn't I do this when I had real money on the line?

A few notes on the game:

1) Oregon needs to give up on this uniform trend. When I saw last night's uniforms, I swear I vomited a meal I ate when I was 7 years old, that's how distressingly ugly they were. I mean, they were hi-liter green WITH FLAMES ON THE HELMET. They looked like a color-blind redneck's hot-rodded truck.

2) The booth announcers have just gone too far. Craig James looked like a homosexual grape and I was 30 seconds away from shoving a wine bottle up my ass with an M-80 in it after watching Bob Davie present Brent Musberger with his "action figure" from Rocky II. How the hell can you even have an ACTION figure for an announcer?

3) This was going to go in the previous section, but it deserved it's own number. Ryan Fucking Leaf, ladies and gentlemen. This guy is biggest bust in the history of the NFL draft, is a total headcase, is a talentless hack, did not attend either school in the contest, AND IS DOWN ON THE SIDELINES IN A BLACK COWBOY HAT, A BELT BUCKLE BIGGER THAN MY FACE AND SOME NU-ALTERNATIVE WILLIE NELSON SHIRT. Despite all this, ESPN invites him into the booth I suppose to gain some of his massive insight into what it's like to be the biggest laughingstock in the history of the NFL. I was shocked when I found out someone related to Ryan Leaf was actually recruited by a major program. I guess pedigree doesn't exactly mean what it used to.

4) Oregon is really bad and BYU was really good. The Mt. West has put on a clinic the last two days, and it really shouldn't be a surprise. There's almost always 1-2 teams from that conference that sneak into the Top 25 by the end of the year. Before the Big East swallowed up all its talent, Conference USA was poised to be the conference on the rise. I'm throwing my support to the Mt. West. The top 3 teams in the Mt. West would probably finish in the top 5 or 6 in the Pac-10. I'm serious.

PAYOUTS

Jeezy
20 on BYU to cover - WIN
30 on the under - WIN
+50 on the game for a new total of 1,032

Virus
50 on BYU to cover - WIN
+50 on the game for a new total of 1,220

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home