Long ago, when dragons that spit lasers roamed the lands, Steve Perry rode pterodactyls made of knives through righteous lightning storms, and Nebraska wasn’t a laughable football program, two brothers were immaculately conceived in an 81 Datsun in the shadow of Sanford Stadium with one destiny: to return football commentary to its old form; obsessive, cruel, full of errors, and substance abuse and dick jokes. And there's John who's a Miami fan, so we were surprised he could even spell.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

DECEMBER 23 RESULTS

Well, blogger is finally working for me, and since FJ is mathematically retarded, here are the results from yesterday's games.

Papajohns.com Bowl
Didn't watch this since I was several thousand feet above the earth, but can't say I was too surprised by South Florida's convincing win. I thought the score would be a little higher than it was, but I wasn't anticipating a shutout 2nd half. Oh well.

Jeezy bets:
30 on South Florida to cover - WIN (+30)
30 on the OVER - LOSE (-30)
0 on the game, new total of 1,042

Virus:
50 on South Florida to cover - WIN (+50)
40 on the OVER - LOSE (-40)
+10 on the game for new total of 1,230

New Mexico Bowl
Also didn't watch this, but also am not surprised at the outcome. I thought New Mexico might be a bit more inspired than they were playing on their home turf, but I was a little surprised that San Jose State weren't getting more respect than they were. The money line was too enticing here for both of us, and we both profited.

Jeezy
60 on SJSt. Money Line - WIN (+87)
+87 on the game for new total of 1,129

Virus
50 on San Jose State Money Line - WIN (+72.5, round down to 72)
+72 on the game for new total of 1,302

New Mexico Bowl
And the Jeezy's luck finally caught up to him here. I should have been scared off by Tulsa's record in their last 4 games, but my hatred of Utah blinded me. It's probably no coincidence that I'm +300 in games where I don't care about either team and -20 when I have a prejudice. That spells bad news in the games to come.

Jeezy
50 on Tulsa to cover - LOSE (-50)
50 on the OVER - LOSE (-50)
-100 on the game for new total of 1,029

Virus
50 on Tulsa to cover - LOSE (-50)
30 on the UNDER - WIN (+30)
-20 on the game for new total of 1,282

HOT OFF THE PRESS

Money line for Hawaii vs Arizona State
Hawaii -280
Arizona State +240

I don't like either of those and I'm still spooked by that Over/Under, so I'm going to sit on my 70 for Hawaii to cover bet. It does make me nervous to see a WAC team that heavily favored against a Pac-10 team, but I don't know how Arizona State is going to stop Colt Brennan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home