Long ago, when dragons that spit lasers roamed the lands, Steve Perry rode pterodactyls made of knives through righteous lightning storms, and Nebraska wasn’t a laughable football program, two brothers were immaculately conceived in an 81 Datsun in the shadow of Sanford Stadium with one destiny: to return football commentary to its old form; obsessive, cruel, full of errors, and substance abuse and dick jokes. And there's John who's a Miami fan, so we were surprised he could even spell.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

New Orleans Bowl Wrap ups and other Random predictions - Football Jeezy

You know, next time I'm in the mood to watch an interesting match-up around this time of year I'm just going to go to Wal-Mart and throw a Playstation 3 into a crowd of soccer moms. Man, even 5 bourbon and cokes couldn't make this game half as hypnotic as the bowl of pretzels in front of me and (after 4 drinks mind you) the sparsely toothed, wrangler-clad vixen next to me. I think she was a woman. Regardless, it wanted me. Point being, this is getting to be ridiculous. If this is the type of bowl season we have to look forward to will someone PLEASE send me some Tivo-ed High School Football championship games or something. Jesus, I'd rather watch two kids with down syndrome play Madden 2002 then these low-grade blowouts. Anyway, this is how the credits landed.

Over - 30 won
Rice Cover - 20 lost

Papa Johns.com Bowl - South Florida vs. East Carolina...shudder.
ummmm fuck it,
30 on S. Florida to cover
30 on the over

New Mexico Bowl - pitting, you guessed it, the New Mexico Lobos against the Spartans of San Jose State. God I'm going to have to start drinking in the middle of the day again I guess...sigh...

You know San Jose actually has a decent run attack and their four losses were to some pretty decent programs...I mean decent considering it's San Diego State of course. I don't think they're as much of a pushover as everyone thinks so I'm gonne throw my first bone to the underdog here...60 credits to the San Jose State Money Line

Bell Hellicopters Armed Forces Bowl...Tulsa vs. Utah. I have been stuck in my parents house in what Carl Sagan might refer to as an Anti-Time Vortex, which in layman's terms means, an area where there has been no sort of major social progression since around 1942. I am so desperate to add any sort of excitement to my day that I'm going to just get nutty, and throw my lot with the underdog yet again. I can't blame it completely on the ultra-conservative ewok village that is Lincolnton, I honestly think that Tulsa is a better team than Utah with the exception of one thing, turnovers. If Tulsa can keep their hands on the ball I think they have a great shot at pulling the upset in this match-up. The 6th ranked Pass Defense in the country? the 32nd run and 30th pass offense in the NCAA? the 16th best total defense in the country? Tulsa?! Believe it, slugger.

50 on the Tulsa upset
50 on the Over

And since I have quite a while until the Hawaii bowl we'll so how far into the toilet I get myself with the above picks before I decide on whether to blow more credits on yet another...you get the point...Back in a bit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home